Bent Creek: A Collection of Photos
Bent Creek, North Carolina --
From the dam below Lake Powhatan to the thick laurel hells above the NC Arboretum’s gate, this collection of photographs documents the one-mile fishable portion of Bent Creek as I have experienced it as an angler. Under a tree pictured in these pages, I caught my first trout on a dry fly. Since then I return every spring, stalking Bent Creek’s cloistered pools and losing countless flies in search of fish hiding under its rotten stumps and virulent brambles. This spring I returned with my camera. Though I always release my trout, I’ve kept these photos as a record of the creek that taught me to fish.
- Two dozen carefully crafted photos of Bent Creek.
- Traditional intimate-landscape photography using medium format film
- Micro-documentary focus on the one-mile fishable portion of the creek
- Bent Creek represents innumerable American creeks--and our treatment of them
- Recounts a personal pilgrimage as a fisherman and photographer
- ALL PROCEEDS thru 2022 donated to The Pisgah Conservancy
[ FREE SHIPPING to the continental United States! For local pickup enter discount code BCBLOCAL at checkout! eBook available here! ]